Changes impacting independent school have impacted Boards of Trustees as well. Boards have experienced changes in composition, member expectations and experience, and understanding of ‘best practices’.
Now, more than ever, boards require considerable attention, nourishment and education so that they can partner with heads to effectively guide schools and handle increasingly complex issues.
With over 75 retreats and workshops for client schools, we have earned the reputation for being able to custom design our services to suit your school, your board, your needs:
- Board Retreats
- Board Workshops
- Strategic Planning
- Governance Training
- Board Analysis
- Bylaws Audit
Educational Directions Incorporated is committed to enhancing school governance.
- We serve as trustees of independent schools
- We present at national and regional conferences including
- American Montessori Society (AMS)
- Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
- Association of Independent Schools of New England (AISNE)
- Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
- Independent School Chairpersons Association (ISCA)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
- North Carolina Association of Independent Schools (NCAIS)
- New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS)
- Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools (PNAIS)
- The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- We founded and publish The Trustee’s Letter — the only professional development newsletter for heads of independent schools and their boards.
For more information on how we can assist you, please contact Stephen DiCicco at 800-647-2794 ext. 2