"We used Educational Directions and Stephen DiCicco to guide us in developing a comprehensive strategic plan
in 2003-04 and, again, in 2010-11.
He provided a marvelously flexible approach that enabled us to design a process
that was uniquely suited to our school.
His knowledge of the issues and challenges independent schools face
adds great value to his services."
Larry Van Meter, Head, Moorestown Friends School, NJ
The value of a strategic plan cannot be overstated.
- It provides focus, direction and unity for the Board of Trustees and Head of School.
- It functions as a road map for evaluating current and proposed institutional and programmatic initiatives.
- It provides a basis for evaluating board and school leadership.
An effectively executed strategic plan ensures:
the times ahead
Community Cohesion – energizing, strengthening and uniting school constituencies
around communal goals
Our success with the strategic planning process is twofold:
- We take into consideration the culture of the school when designing the process.
- We ensure that the resulting plan can be clearly implemented in a timely fashion with:
- Clearly defined and measurable strategies for each goal
- Timeframes for completing those strategies
- Identified resource allocation for achieving the strategies
- Specifically assigned responsibilities for monitoring and evaluating progress
We have led over 75 schools of all sizes and configurations through a strategic planning process. There is no “one size fits all” template.
Depending upon the specific needs and nature of our school, we can design a process ranging from one- or two-day retreats to a year long project; from one strategic planning committee to multiple task force groups. As part of the strategic plan, we also can offer community surveys, focus groups and demographic analyses.
If you are interested in exploring the options for strategic planning at your school, please contact Stephen DiCicco at 800-647-2794 ext. 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.